Thursday, September 29, 2011

Your words were found~


Your words were found, and I ate them, 
and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, 
for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts.  
-
Jeremiah 15:16


Delicious words.  

I believe in the power of words.  I am addicted to good words and often carry my thesaurus around in my purse in case a word needs some crafting (not kidding, I am a word nerd).

In photography the words are implied~ shared in shape, lighting, and mood.  It is a challenge and gift to be able to relate a message clearly in visual form.

In art journaling it is so simple.  You can understand the feel of a page by the colors used, the images shared, and the words used.  They are playfully mixed and can be layered in a way to share more than one thought, too.  How fun ~ layers of words!


Statements, thoughts, words, and lyrics that are playing in my head and heart tend to make it into my pages, it is like a scrapbook of my inner conversations.  I like to blend some things into the page and at other times let the words make the larger statement with the art as a support.  I don't plan it like this.  This isn't a "figuring out" process, it is organically how it happens.

Are you led to share your words in journal form on the side of your work or on top of your work?

Take a moment and let your page work on your heart ~ let it show you where to add your prose.


I always write in soft penciled lines before printing on top of my art.  It helps to write out the journaling, too.  Just use a soft artist eraser (white erasers) to pull off the pencil lines (don't rub off your paint).  Don't journal on wet paint either...let it dry.  


 Add in your thoughts ~ your little words ~ what is speaking to your heart.  It doesn't have to make sense to anyone else but you.  It is your art journal!  Let it be you~


Words that are teaching me, convicting me, encouraging me find their way into my pages as well.
What the art is leading me to remember are the words I choose to share -- I am open & honest in my art.  

 "every little drop matters" 


If you are nervous about using your handwriting, you shouldn't be, it is you.  Take time to write out what you want to say and practice your penmanship ~ I do.  I think it helps to have some text on hand as well -- print off some of your favorite quotes, words, meanings, verses and have them on hand for inspiration.

At times one well-placed word looks and feels more right than a whole page of journaling.

Today,  find your inner voice and let it show up on your sketch~ you can do this!

I can't wait to see!
Share a link to your work if you want to~

Love to you *art journal sisters*!
jj
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...